RAILWAY RECRUITMENT CELL
Chief Project Manager (Conv)ís Office Building
Wadibunder, P. DíMello Road, Mumbai – 400 010
Engagement of Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 over Central Railway.
|Opening of Online Application||Date and time of closing of Online Application|
|11:00 hrs.||17:00 hrs.|
ONLINE applications are invited from interested candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentice Act 1961 in the designated trades at Workshops/Units in the jurisdiction of Central Railway against 2196 slots. Applications complete in all respects should be submitted only ONLINE till 17:00 hrs. of the closing date.
1. Candidates should note and take cognizance of the fact that this is a Centralized Notification for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 for Central Railway Units and Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway (RRC/CR) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from candidates and preparation of their merit list. Candidates can submit their applications ONLINE only on RRCís website rrccr.com
2. After preparation of merit list, the same will be advised to respective Divisions/Units on Central Railway. Document verification and medical examination will be held in opted Divisions/Units, as per the Cluster as mentioned in the Candidateís applications.
3. Candidates must note that no centralized merit list will be formed.
4. MODE OF SELECTION: Selection will be on the basis of merit list prepared in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation (with minimum 50% (aggregate marks) + ITI marks in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done. The panel will be on the basis of simple average of marks in the matriculation and ITI.
For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects.
For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, average marks mentioned in consolidated statement of marks for all semesters of the trade applied / marks mentioned in the Provisional National Trade Certificate issued by NCVT / SCVT, will only be reckoned.
For the purpose of calculation of percentage of marks of SSC of candidates from Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh, Board of Public Examination, Kerala etc RRC will take midpoint of range of grades obtained by the candidates. After obtaining midpoints of all the attempted subjects according to grades awarded, average will be calculated treating each subject is out of 100 marks, as there is no standard method or multiplying factor for calculation of average of matriculation for such Boards.
In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidates with older age shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first.
A final merit list will be prepared cluster/unit wise, trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate, as stated above.
Candidates finally enlisted would be subject to verification of original testimonials and being found fit in appropriate Medical examination by Railways as applicable for the Workshop and for the other Units.
5. During submission of ONLINE application, a Registration number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to preserve/note their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process/correspondence with RRC.
NOTE-I: To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit ONLINE application much before the closing date, to avoid possible inability/failure to log on to the website of RRC on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days.
NOTE-II:† RRC does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
6. Candidates have to choose only one cluster. He/she can give preference for the Units falling within the geographical jurisdiction of that cluster only. Cluster and Units are as under :
|Mumbai||Carriage & Wagon (Coaching) Wadi Bunder, Mumbai|
|Kalyan Diesel Shed|
|Kurla Diesel Shed|
|S&T Workshop, Byculla|
|Bhusawal||Carriage & Wagon Depot|
|Electric Loco Shed, Bhusawal|
|Electric Locomotive Workshop, Bhusawal|
|TMW Nasik Road|
|Pune||Carriage & Wagon Depot|
|Diesel Loco Shed|
|Nagpur||Electric Loco Shed, Ajni|
|Carriage & Wagon Depot|
|Solapur||Carriage & Wagon Depot|
Note : Please go through the available training slots given below vis-a-vis your ITI Trade thoroughly and select the Cluster and the Units accordingly. It should not happen that you select a Cluster or unit where there is no training slot requirement for your ITI Trade. In such a situation your application may eventually become meaningless, as you would not be allowed to make any changes after the final submission. Moreover, you are also not allowed to make subsequently or multiple applications as in such an eventuality you all the applications shall be summarily rejected.
The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 01-11-2017.
Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates, 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
Accordingly for different communities, the eligible Date of Birth range shall be as follows :
|Community||Candidate should be born between (both dates inclusive)|
|UR||01/11/2002 to 01/11/1993|
|SC||01/11/2002 to 01/11/1988|
|ST||01/11/2002 to 01/11/1988|
|OBC||01/11/2002 to 01/11/1990|
For Persons with Disability, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on Civil side after availing the servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. However, regardless of community, Ex-servicemen will be considered against the Ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only Ex. serviceman belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available will be considered against the ex-servicemen quota.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and also possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training or Provisional Certificate issued by National Council for Vocational Training / State Council for Vocational Training.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Application fees (Non-refundable) – Rs. 100/-
Fee payment will have to be made online through payment gateway as part of online application process.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting www.rrccr.com. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications will be available on the website.
Candidates are required to log on to the RRC/CR website www.rrccr.com provided for filling ONLINE applications and fill up the personal details/BIO- DATA etc carefully.
Download the PDF for more details: