Government of India Ministry of Defence
Indian Ordnance Factories
Field Gun Factory, Kalpi Road, Kanpur-208009
ON LINE APPLICATIONS are invited for filling up the following vacancies in the Industrial Establishment (IEs) group ‘C’ posts in SEMI-SKILLED grade in Pay Band Rs.5200- 20200/- and Grade Pay Rs.1800/- from citizens of India fulfilling the requisite qualification (Matriculation or equivalent + NAC / NTC issued by NCTVT.
Name of the post and No of vacancies:
|SL. NO.||TRADE||RESERVED FOR||TOTAL
Categories of disability identified for each trade are mentioned below:
|Designation||Physical Requirement||Categories of Disabled Suitable for the job|
|2. Electrician||S, ST, W, L MF||OH(OL, BL)|
|3. Examiner||S, ST, W, KC, MF, SE||OH(OL, BL), HH(PD, D)|
|4. Fitter General||ST, SE, MF||OH(OL, BL), HH(PD, D), VH (LV)|
|5. Machinist||ST, SE, MF||OH(OL, BL), HH(PD, D), VH (LV)|
|6. Turner||ST, SE, MF||OH (OL), HH (PD, D)|
The Trade Apprentices of Field Gun Factory, Kanpur and sister Ordnance Factories would also be required to apply in ONLINE ONLY.
AGE LIMIT AS ON CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION i.e.:
|Categories of Vacancy||Age as on closing Date of Application|
Age Relaxation in addition to above mentioned upper age limits is applicable as per govt rules.
The requisite Educational Qualification is Matriculation + National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC)/ National Trade Certificate (NTC) issued by National Council of .Trades for Vocational Training (NCTVT).
- For the post of Black Smith, Electrician, Examiner, Fitter General, Machinist, Turner: NAC/NTC issued by NCTVT in the relevant trade only.
- For the post of Examiner: NAC/NTC issued by NCTVT in the relevant trades of Engg. Trades i.e. Fitter, Machinist, Turner.
- An application fee of Rs.50/-(Rupees Fifty only) to be paid through Indian Postal Orders (IPO) only in favour of General Manager, Field Gun Factory, Kalpi Road, Kanpur-208009. The Application/Examination fees is non. refundable. The Issuing date of Postal Order should be indicated clearly in the application-form.
- SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Person with Disabilities/Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees. Candidates, seeking exemption from- fees must enclose, copy of Caste Certificate/Disability Certificate/Discharge Certificate along with the application form.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
MODE OF SELECTION
- The selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit.
- The selection process shall comprise of-Written Test of 100 marks and Trade Test (Practical)
- The Written Test shall be of objective type and OMR based.
- The Trade Test (Practical) shall be of only qualifying in nature without any marks.
- Candidates not qualified in the Trade Test (Practical) shall not be considered for final selection irrespective of marks in the written examination.*
- On the basis of marks obtained in Written Test, candidates up to 1.25 times the number of vacancies shall be called for Trade Test (Practical) in each advertised trade.
- The final select list shall be based on marks in Written Test only, with Trade Test (Practical) being qualifying in nature only. The final select list will be prepared and displayed in the order of merit.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates including Ex-Trade Apprentices of Ordnance Factories must apply only through online website- fieldgunindia.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- The applicants are advised to submit only one single Online Recruitment Application for each post. The candidates are advised to submit the online application well in advance without waiting for closing date.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidate will download the Online application. The hard copy of the application duly affixed with recent . passport size colour photograph with signature and left hand thumb impression in the space provided should be sent at the address mentioned in the print out of ‘ application, along with proof of payment or proof of exemption and copy of Voter ID Card/Aadhar Card/Driving License/PAN Card,. Relevant NCTVT certificate and Caste/PHP/Ex.serviceman certificate
Download the notification: