GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Appointment of VICE CHANCELLORS in 12 Central Universities (CUs)
* The Central Universities (CUs) are institutions of excellence in higher learning and research.
* Expected to play catalytic and pioneering role in mentoring other institutions in the region.
The Vice Chancellor, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be –
* A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as, teaching and research credentials.
* Having outstanding academic record throughout and a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Professor in a University system or in an equivalent position in a reputed research and / or academic / administrative organisation.
* Not more than 65 years of age on 02.03.2014.
* Pay of Rs. 75,000/- (fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs. 5,000/- and other usual allowances.
* The appointment will be on contractual basis for a period of five years or age of 70 years whichever is earlier.
* Appointment will be made from the panel of names recommended by the Search- cum-Selection Committee.
* Application / nomination to be received only online from interested eligible individual / nominator within 45 days from the date of advertisement.
* Hard copy of the application / nomination submitted online, duly signed by the applicant / nominator, shall be sent by Registered / Speed Post to Section Officer, Desk (U), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Room No. 532 ‘C’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi, Pin: 110115 as soon as possible but not later than three days from the last date of online application / nomination.
* Applicants / nominators who have indicated preference for more than one University shall submit hard copies separately for each.
* Search-cum-Selection Committee may consider applications / nominations received from other sources as well.
For online registration please log on to: http://teindia.nic.in/vacancy/login.aspx and follow the link “Invitation of application/nomination for the appointment of Vice Chancellors”
Details may also be seen on our website: http://mhrd.gov.in
Applicant must superscribe “application for the post of Vice Chancellor of Central Universities” on his / her application and also on envelope.