International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324
CRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the position of Special Project Scientist-Genomics & Molecular Breeding, to be part of a team of Centre of Excellence in Genomics (CEG), (www.icrisat.org/ceg) to work on MARS Inc (USA) sponsored project entitled â€œImproving short duration/drought tolerant peanut genotypes for oil quality and disease resistance through marker-assisted gene/QTL pyramiding approachâ€. The position will be based at ICRISATâ€™s Headquarters in Patancheru, near Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The Job: Responsibilities for these positions include:
- Construction of genetic maps and QTL analysis
- QTL/gene pyramiding for biotic & abiotic stress resistance and agronomic traits
- Coordinate and management of phenotyping, genotyping and QTL mapping
- Analysis of different datasets using advanced tools of biometrics & bioinformatics
- Compiling and analysis of results, writing reports and research papers
- Help CEG scientists in guiding students, research technicians, visiting scientists and organization of the meetings and training courses.
The Person:Â Ph.D/ MSc with two years research experience in Agricultural /Plant Biotechnology, Genetics, Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, or related discipline.
How to apply: Applicants should apply on or before November 15, 2013, by email, sending a letter of motivation, full Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidateâ€™s professional qualifications and work experience to: ICRISATjobs@cgiar.org. The reference name of the position (SPS-Genomics and Molecular Breeding-MARS) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message. The position will be kept open until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Visit: http://www.icrisat.org/careers/Special-Project-Scientist-Genomics-and-Molecular-Breeding.htm for more details.