Government of India, Department of Space
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
[Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act 1956]
Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram -695 547, Kerala
Application for Junior Project Fellow on Contract Basis
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites applications for Junior Project Fellow on contract basis for its R&D projects.
|Name of the Position||Junior Project Fellow|
|Tenure||One year. Extendable on need and performance basis|
|Junior Project Fellow||JPF 15||First Class MSc in Chemistry.|
|JPF 19||First Class MSc in Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics, B.S – M.S (Dual Degree) in Physics/ Mathematics.|
Skills: Computer programming in C/C++/ Fortran/ Python/ Matlab.
Desirable: Knowledge in Astronomy & Astrophysics, data reduction in IDL/ IRAF/ AIPS.
|JPF 20||First Class MSc in Geology with minimum 65% of marks or 6.5/10 CGPA Preference will be given to candidates with experience in field work in various geological terrains and knowledge in Geochemistry and Remote sensing.|
|Consolidated monthly remuneration||Rs. 20,000/-|
Age limit: 35 years as on 17.07.2015 (Age relaxation as per Government of India rules).
General Conditions/ Instructions
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials along with the application.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ PWD should produce copies of the relevant certificates issued by the Competent Authority to that effect.
- A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned is required in respect of those Applicants who are employed under Central /State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for Written test/Interview, as the case may be.
- Candidates shortlisted for Written test / Interview should appear in person with original Certificates proving educational qualification, age, caste, etc., along with any other relevant information.
- No travelling or any other allowances is admissible for attending the Written test/Interview.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the position, if it so decides.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the assignment at any time before completion of the period, if it so decides.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Duly filled application form along with attested copies of documents proving educational qualification, age, caste, experience etc., should be sent to The Senior Administrative Officer, Recruitment and Review Section, IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 on or before 17.07.2015 by post, in a cover with superscription “Application for Junior Project Fellow”.
Download the notification for complete details: