INDIAN NAVY UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME (UES)
COURSE COMMENCING JUN 2018
DATE OF OPENING – 01 JUL 17 | LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 31 JUL 17
1. Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for entry as Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2018.
2. Who Can Apply. Applicant should be in the final year (4th / 5th year) in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following educational qualifications and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (till V semester of regular BE/B Tech and VII Semester of 5 year integrated degree course)
|Sl. No.||Branch/Cadre||Streams in BE/ B. Tech||Gender||PC/SSC|
|PC & SSC|
|(a)||General Service (X)||Any Stream of BE/B.Tech.||Male|
|(b)||Air Traffic Controller||Any stream of BE/ B. Tech. Aggregate 60% in X & XII and Min. 60% in English in Class XII||Male & Female||SSC|
|(c)||IT||(i) Information Technology (ii) Computer Science Engineering (iii) Computer Engineering||Male||SSC|
|(d)||Engineering Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv) Production (v) Aeronautical (vi) Industrial Engineering & Management (vii) Control Engg (viii) Aero Space (ix) Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii) Instrumentation & control||Male||SSC|
|(e)||Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Telecommunications (iv) Electronics and Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Control System Engineering (vii) Power Electronics (viii) Avionics (ix) Electronics & Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control||Male||SSC|
|(f)||Naval Architecture (NA)||(i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture (vii) Ocean Engineering (viii) Marine Engineering (ix) Ship Technology (x) Ship Building (xi) Ship Design||Male & Female||SSC|
3. Call up for SSB: Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their performance during campus interviews.
4. Minimum percentage on Joining INA: Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of regular BE/B Tech or integrated course (as per case). The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
5. The following to be noted
(i) Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (d) & (e) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialisation and will be appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD (Navy).
(ii) Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree in ‘avionics’ will be eligible for Air Technical branch only.
(iiii) Candidates with pending backlog will not be permitted to appear for SSB interview.
(iv) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
(v) However, if not shortlisted for the first preference, you may be considered for an alternate Branch/Specialisation/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB Batches of that Branch/Cadre.
(vi) Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Meriting) will be exclusive for the Branch/Cadre only.
(vii) No equivalent stream of (BE/B Tech) as mentioned in Para 2 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
6. Age: Born between 02 Jul 1994 to 01 Jul 1997 both dates inclusive.
7. The candidate can apply if meeting the following medical standards
|Sl.||Branch/Cadre||Min Height (in cms)||Eye Sight||Correctable with glasses|
|(a)||Executive (General Service)||157||–||6/12, 6/12||6/6 both eyes|
|(b)||Air Traffic Controller||157||152||6/6, 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|(c)||Electrical/ Engineering Branch||157||–||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|(d)||IT||157||–||6/60, 6/60||6/6 both eyes|
|(e)||Naval Architecture (NA)||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
8. Promotions & Pay Scale: Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:
|RANK||PAY AS PER DEFENCE MATRIX||LEVEL||MSP|
|Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website joinindiannavy.gov.in . The Candidates are to apply from 01 Jul 17 to 31 Jul 17. The process for applying online is explained in para below.
Online (e-application): Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) date of birth proof (10th & 12th certificate), 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet and marksheets till 5th /7th semester of regular BE/ B Tech and Integrated Course respectively, BE/ B Tech CGPA to % conversion formula and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- If any application with scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason, it will be rejected.
- Print 2 copies of this filled application form which have system generated application number. Carry one copy of application during Campus Interview. Another copy of application is to be carried alongwith original documents/certificates as mentioned in Para 11 (c) above while appearing for SSB.
Important – Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your e-application.
Obtain signature of the Principal/Dean /HoD on the declaration given at the end of the application.
Although candidates may be eligible for more than one Branch/ Specialisation/Cadre yet they have to submit only one application and mention priority at para 2 of Application Format . If candidate has submitted Duplicate Application, his /her candidature will be cancelled at any stage of Selection process.
Note: – Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
Download the notification for complete details: