TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
(A Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956)
No.: Admn./4/6/2014 April 15, 2014
N O T I C E
Applications are invited for the post of Part-time Fieldwork Supervisors (three days a week; Monday to Wednesday) to be appointed on contract for the period of 11 months (June 2014 – April 2015) at the School of Social Work of the Institute.
No. of positions: 13 positions
Educational Qualification / Experience requirements: A Master Degree in Social Work (MSW) is essential. A minimum of five years of experience of direct social work practice is required in any one or more of the following areas.
- Community Organization and development
- Health and mental health
- Criminology/correctional work
- Dalit Issues
- Tribal Issues
- Human Rights
- Social Justice
- Working with specific population groups; women, children, families, youth, Persons with disability
Prior experience of supervision of fieldwork students will be an added advantage.
Nature of tasks of the post: The nature of work will primarily include fieldwork supervision of social work students, visit to different fieldwork agencies and all other fieldwork related academic and administrative process undertaken for the Master’s Programmes of the School of Social Work.
Total Emoluments: Rs. 18000/- per month.
Age: not exceeding 40 years as on the last date of receipt of application.
- The Institute reserves the right to not fill up the vacancies advertised.
- Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
- No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview / selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
- The institute reserves the right to relax age of the candidate based on the work experience.
- No TA / DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
Date of interview: May 2 and 3, 2014 (between 10.00 a.m. To 1.00 p.m.). The candidates eligible for the post will be communicated by an e-mail/phone to appear for the interview.
Candidate desirous of applying are requested to send his/her detailed resume (mentioning e-mail Id and contact number, date of birth) by an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org send resume by post/courier/hand delivery to Ms. Manisha More, Secretariat, School of Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Opp. Deonar Bus Depot, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 88, Ph: 25525000 (Extn.: 5407) on or before April 23, 2014.
Download the notification