NATIONAL CENTRE FOR ANTARCTIC AND OCEAN RESEARCH
(Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India)
Headland Sada, Vasco-da-Gama, Goa – 403 804.
WALK-IN- INTERVIEW 13th & 14th August 2013
National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (an autonomous Institution under Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, responsible for co-ordinating the Indian Antarctic Expeditions) is looking for trained personnel preferably Ex-Indian Army personnel from EME/Engineers Corps on contract basis for its Research bases at Antarctica for the season 2013-2015 as per details given below:
|Sr. No.||Branch Trade||No. of Position||Preferable Experience|
|1||Generator Mechanic & Operator||1||Operation, maintenance and repair of electrical generators|
|2||Vehicle Electrician||5||Operation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems of motor vehicles.|
|3||Boiler /Pump Mechanic (Plumber / fitter)||1||Operation, maintenance and repair of water supplies|
|4||Station Electrician||1||Operation, maintenance and repair of power distribution systems and electrical switch gears & circuits.|
|5||Vehicle Mechanic||6||Operation, maintenance and repair of heavy motor vehicles preferable snow vehicles|
|6||Operator Excavating Machine (Dozers & Cranes)||4||Operation, maintenance & and repair of dozers and cranes|
|7||Welder||2||Spot welding, Gas welding, Arc welding, Gas cutting & brazing|
|8||Carpenter||1||Construction, repair, restoring and installation of structural work with wood or related material|
|9||Multipurpose staff||2||Repair of machinery, equipments, plumbing, carpentry pipe fitting, computer applications, book keeping & inventory management etc.|
- For Ex-Indian Army personnel :- minimum two years experience in respective trades
- For civilians: ITI Certification in relevant trade with two years experience or Diploma in Engineering in relevant field with one year working experience.
Terms of Employment:
1) Contract wages of Rs. 18000/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of contract for those who are going to Antarctica on NCAOR contract for the first time. Contract wages of Rs. 24,000/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of contract for those who already have been to Antarctica on NCAOR contract.
2) The selected candidates as member of team will be entitled for free boarding & lodging onboard ship and at Antarctica with special polar clothing. They will be entitled for Special Hardship allowance of Rs. 1125/- per day during the summer season and Rs. 1688/- per day during the winter season for the actual duration of stay in Antarctica.
- Winter season will be 1st March to 30th November of each calendar year
- Summer season will be 1st December to 28th / 29th February of succeeding calendar year
3) The selected candidates depending on whether for short term or long term shall be entitled for special kit allowance of Rs. 20000/- (short term) and Rs. 30000/- (long term) subject to production of original vouchers.
4) Group Personal Accident Insurance Coverage upto 10 Lakhs for the selected candidates will be provided by NCAOR for the expedition period
5) The selected candidates will participate in the Antarctic expedition as team members and will have to perform all the routine duties and jobs related to expedition as assigned by the Leader of Expedition from time to time.
6) On final selection the candidates will be required to sign a contract with NCAOR. The contract will be between 5 months to 14 months starting from October/November, 2013 depending upon the need and suitability of the candidates.
7) The application form AL -2010 can be downloaded from NCAOR website (www.ncaor.gov.in). Duly filled in form should be submitted at the time of interview along with the attested copies of their qualifying certificates. Ex-servicemen attending interview are advised to bring along the Identity Card and Discharge Book.
8) Applicants are required to bring original certificates/documents for verification at the time of interview.
9) Candidates (including Ex-servicemen) are advised to bring along with them their Personal Passport (if any) and 6 copies of Passport size photographs with white background.
10) The short listed candidates will have to undergo Medical Examination at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and Pre-Antarctic Snow Ice Acclimatisation training at ITBP, Auli (near Joshimath, Garhwal, Himalayas) for about 15 days. The dates will be informed by NCAOR later.
11) No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates attending the interview. However only the Ex- Serviceman will be paid sleeper class return fare by train and accommodation for maximum 3 days at the rate not exceeding Rs. 500/- per day will be reimbursed on production of railway ticket/hotel bill.
12) Candidates will have to report for interview at reception counter, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhawan, IMD Campus, Opp. India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003 on 13th & 14th August, 2013 between 10:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs.
Interested candidates may register themselves for walk-in-interview by 5th August 2013 with Programme Director (Logistics), NCAOR, Goa by forwarding the duly filled in application form (AL-2010) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax 0091-832-2520877. Please note that it is a walk-in-interview and no call letters will be sent to the candidates. For any query, you may contact 0091-832-2525523 or 0091-832-2525520.
Download the original notification in PDF form HERE: