PROFESSOR JAYASHANKAR TELANGANA STATE AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY LIBRARY: RAJENDRANAGAR: HYDERABAD – 500 030
Walk-in interview will be held on 26-07-2018, at University Library, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad at 10.30 A.M. for engagement of Research Associate – 01 and SRF – 02 (Library Science – 01 and Computer Science – 01) on contractual basis, to work for the project entitled “National Knowledge Management Centre for Agriculture Education and Research” under National Agriculture Higher Education Project (NAHEP) at University Library, Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
Desirous and eligible applicants may appear for a Walk-in-interview on the date, time and venue specified above along with a complete Bio-data in prescribed format given below. The candidates should present themselves for certificate verification at the same venue one hour prior to the scheduled interview timing. The candidate should bring a latest Passport size Photograph and all original certificates starting from X-Class till higher degree or Provisional Certificate, as the case may be, together with attested photocopies for this interview. No separate call letter for the interview shall be issued. The position is purely temporary upt0 31-03-2019 likely to be extended upto 31-03-2021 or till the termination of the project, whichever is earlier. The incumbent shall not have any claim for regular appointment under ICAR or PJTSAU. No TA/DA will be admissible for attending the interview. The University’s decision is final and binding in all respects.
The qualifications required and other details prescribed for engagement are as below:
ICAR-National Agriculture Higher Education Project (NAHEP)
“National Knowledge Management Centre for Agriculture Education and Research” University Library, PJTSAU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500 030
|Name of the Position||Qualifications||Emoluments|
|Research Associate* (One)||Essential||Desirable||Rs. 40000/- + HRA as admissible for Ph.D. Degree holders;
Rs. 38000/-+ HRA as admissible for Post Graduate Degree holders
|Ph.D. in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security/ Information Science or equivalent
Master degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Security / Information Sciences / MCA or equivalent with at least two years research experience. Master degree holders should possess 4 years Bachelors Degree in relevant subject. Those with 3 years of Bachelor’s degree should have NET* qualification or equivalent certificate.
|• Candidate to have Work experience in data mining techniques with special emphasis on text mining and digital library content handling.
• Maintaining Servers, including back-up and disaster management
|Senior Research Fellow (Two)*||i. SRF (Library Science)
M.Lib.Sc. or M.L.I.Sc or M.Sc. (Information Science) with 60% Marks, UGC-NET qualified plus two years Research Experience.
|• Proficiency in information retrieval from e-Resources, Digital Content Management, written and oral communication Skills,
• Conversant with different data Formats and should have experience in open sources software such as DSpace / KOHA etc.
|Rs. 25,000/- + (HRA) as admissible|
|ii. SRF(Computer Science)
Master degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Security / Information Sciences / MCA or equivalent Master degree from a recognized university.Master degree holders should possess 4 years Bachelors Degree in relevant subject.
|• Experience in data mining techniques like text mining and
• Sufficient experience in open source software such as DSpace / KOHA etc. in digitization and content management of library system.
• Work experience in developing and managing online courses
• Preference will be given to candidates qualified with UGC / CSIR NET or equivalent certificate.
*Besides the aforementioned responsibilities, scope of work also involves extensive traveling to SAUs/ICAR institutions for collecting data and Development of online questionnaires /interview schedules, Data Analysis and Report writing etc.
- Candidate fulfilling the essential qualifications only need to attend the Walk- in-Interview.
- The upper age limit for SRFs/RAs will be as under:
For SRFs – 35 years for men; 40 Years for women
For RAs – 40 years for men; 45 years for women (Age relaxation of five years for SC/ST and three years for OBC).
- The above positions will be filled up on contractual basis for the period of the project.
- Candidate may attend the walk-in-interview between 10.00 to 11.30 a.m. on 26-07-2018.
- No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates appearing for interview should bring Original Documents of age proof, educational qualifications (from 10th class onwards), and documents in support of additional qualifications / experience along with a set of self- attested Xerox copies along with the required Bio-data in the format given below (affix passport sized photograph).
- The selected candidate shall have to undergo medical examination.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The decision of the University would be final and binding on all aspects.
Download the Notification & Application Form: