U. S. Consulate General, Hyderabad
Vacancy Announcement Number: HYD-17-31
The U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Clerk in the Management Section.
POSITION: HR Clerk, FSN-305-06, HYA-540002 (Personal Service Agreement).
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
OPENING DATE: Monday, November 27, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Monday, December 11, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-Time 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6- INR 422,911 p.a.
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-08 (steps 1 through 4) – $36,837 p.a *Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
ONLY THOSE WHO’S APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND/OR TEST
Applicants must apply on the Universal Application for Employment (UAE) DS-174 form. Applications not completed on DS-174 form will not be accepted. (Refer to application procedure below).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• Performs a wide variety of clerical and management support duties in the Human Resources section of consulate General Hyderabad which provides HR services to 130 locally engaged staff (LE Staff) and 25 American personnel and 10 Family Member Appointee positions. Reports to the Human Resources Assistant and indirectly to the Management Officer.
• Serves as the Post HR’s WEBPASS expert in processing all actions through the software. Ensures that all personnel forms and attachments are complete, internally consistent, and in compliance with information available in Human Resources office records, obtains additional or corrected information, if necessary.
• Arranges, sorts, and files HR-related papers/documents including copies of position descriptions in folders/binders, as appropriate. Establishes folders for all new locally hired employees.
• Serves as post’s expert on matters relating to health benefits and services provided to 130 Locally Employed Staff of the Consulate and their family members (approx. 300). Administers the medical health plan (MHP) such as enrolling new employees, discontinuing separated employees, etc. , screens medical claim forms submitted by employees for required information, ensures that required reports are attached and processes these claims bi -weekly for reimbursement by the insurance company .
• Assists the HR Assistant in processing SIV and awards nominations including Extra Mile Award, Safe Driving, Length of Service, and other incentive awards.
• Serves as the Pay Liaison Clerk for the post. Maintains close liaison with the Financial Services Centers (FSC) in Charleston for American payroll and in Bangkok for FSN payroll.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Two years of college studies is required. Indicate completion / non completion by checking Yes /No under the education requirement item no. 18 Did you graduate on the form DS-174 (This question is to know if you have completed class-X, XII or any other deqree/vocational courses, also specify the name of course and subjects for each qualification you possess).
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in the field of administration with experience in customer services, providing accurate information, resolving difficult/unusual problems and handling complicated tasks is required. Elaborate job responsibilities under item no. 20 (a/b/c/d) on the form DS-174. You may also attach annexures in case you would like to provide any further information/details).
3. LANGUAGE: Level III English (speaking and reading and writing) required. Level III in Hindi and Telugu (speaking and reading) required. (When applying for the position.
please indicate your level of proficiency for these languages in item no. 19. Please note to use number key (3 or 4 ) while applying online for the jobs requiring level -III and level -IV proficiency as the DS-174 application form does not accept more than two letters). Languages will be tested.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to type and use computer. Ability to draft/generate reports. Ability to maintain confidentiality, deal effectively, tactfully and discretely with a broad cross-section of people and a good interpersonal skills is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
PLEASE NOTE: Effective April 1st 2016, Resumes/Curriculum Vitae/Bio-Data’s will not be accepted therefore, completion and providing necessary information on the Universal Application for Employment form (UAE) DS-174 is a must.
“The spacing issue on the DS-174 has been resolved however you may continue to attach additional sheets in case you would like to provide any further information/details.”
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office: Cecilia Mulligan, James Segraves and Emmanuel B. Wah
Mailing Address: Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad – 500003.
E-mail Address: HyderabadVacancies@state.gov
Download the notification for complete details: