UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD
SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SCIENCES
Advertisement for RA/SRFs/JRFs in DBT/EU Research projects
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for research positions in four research projects (3 funded by DBT, Govt, of India and one funded by European Union) at various levels as per the details in the 2nd page of this advertisement.
- Release of sanction orders for three of the projects is awaited indicated by star mark in the table. Positions will be filled only after receiving the formal sanction orders.
- Applications with “Statement of Purpose” and at least one reference letter only will be considered.
- It is suggested that the applicants may go through the link given below to know more about the research lab in which the positions are advertised. http://www.uohyd.ac.in/index.php/academics/2011-10-27-18-38-04/school-of-life-sciences/dept-plant-sciences
- Covering letter should clearly specify the project for which the candidate is submitting application.
- An applicant shall apply for one position / one project only.
- Interested candidates need to submit hard copy of application on plain paper giving all details and enclose copies of educational qualifications, experience certificates, etc. Do not submit applications over email.
- Please mention your email and contact number clearly in the application.
- The last date of receipt of applications is given in the last column of the table. Shortlisted candidates will be informed over email or phone regarding date of interview and details.
- You may visit the University of Hyderabad website www.uohyd.ernet.in for more details about the University and the School of Life Sciences.
- Applicants should note that the appointment to be made is purely temporary and there is no right for claiming of any regular appointment in the University.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or at the time of joining the post, if selected.
- You need to submit your applications the address given below:
Prof. Appa Rao Podile
Dept. of Plant Sciences
School of Life Sciences, South Campus
Prof. C.R.Road, Univ. of Hyderabad
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 046
|Project title / Sponsoring agency||Position (Vacancies)||Essential Qualifications||Fellowship per month + HRA as applicable||Tenure||Last Date to Apply|
|Molecular basis of groundnut PGPR interactions and development of liquid formulations for field applications / DBT, Govt of India||Research Associate-III (one)||Ph.D. in related area with relevant experience||Rs. 24,000/-||01/10/13 to 28/02/15 (17 months)||31/08/13|
|Development and scale up of a bioprocess for production of higher chain length chitooloigosaccharides using cloned bacterial chitinases / DBT, Govt, of India||SRF (one)*||M.Sc. in Biotech, or Life Sci. and two years of res. experience||Rs. 18,000/-||Sept. 2013 to Aug. 2016 (Three years)||31/08/13|
|Scaling up production and package development for commercialization of bio- weedicides for weed management in rice, DBT, Govt, of India||SRF or JRF (One)*||SRF: M.Sc. in Biotech, or Life Sci. and two years of res. Experience JRF: I Division in M.Sc., Biotech. Or Life Sciences with NET or GATE||SRF: Rs. 18,000/-
JRF: Rs. 12,000/-
|Sept. 2013 to August 2016 (Three years)||31/08/13|
|NanoBio Engineering of Biolnspired BioPolymers, European Union||SRF or JRF
|SRF: M.Sc. in Biotech, or Life Sci. and two years of res. Experience JRF: I Division in M.Sc., Biotech. Or Life Sciences with NET or GATE||SRF: Rs. 18,000/-
JRF: Rs. 12,000/-
|Oct. 2013 to Sept. 2017 (Four years)||30/09/13|
*vacancies will be filled only after receiving official sanction orders from funding agencies
Download the official notification in PDF form HERE: