ICAR – CENTRAL POTATO RESEARCH INSTITUTE
SHIMLA – 171 001 (HP)
Advt. No. CPRI/Rectt./06/2015
Director, Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla, invites application from the Indian Citizen to fill the following posts, at Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla (HP) and its Regional Stations, under the administrative control of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi. These posts are non-government but pensionable under the ‘New Pension Scheme’ as formulated by the Government of India. Persons appointed against these posts will be entitled for HRA and other benefits as per Govt. of India Rules. The details of these posts are given below:
Technical Assistant (T-3) – 1 Post
Essential qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Horticulture from a recognized university.
Technical Assistant (Library & Information) (T-3) – 1 Post
Essential qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science / Library & Information Science/Information Science from a recognized University.
Technician, in Pay Band-I – 12 Posts
Essential qualification: Matriculate with one year certificate in Agriculture / Horticulture from recognized Institution. OR Higher Secondary/ Senior Scondary (10+2 level) with subject relevant to Agriculture/Horticulture.
Steno Gr. III – 4 Posts
Essential qualification: 12th Class pass equivalent from a recognized board or Univeristy.
Lower Division Clerk, in Pay Band-I – 5 Posts
i) 12th class or equivalent qualification from a recoganized board or University.
ii) A typing speed of 35 words per minutes in English or 30 w.p.m. in Hindi on Computer.
Skilled Support Staff – 10 Posts
Essential qualification: Matriculate or equivalent pass OR ITI pass
The instructions / requirements such as experience, age and other terms and conditions etc. can also be downloaded from the Institute website http://cpri. ernet. in
The interested and eligible candidates may download these instructions / proforma from above mentioned Institute website and submit their application(s) in the prescribed proforma in English/Hindi only to the Asstt. Adm. Officer (Estt. I), CPRI, Shimla- 171 001 (HP) which should reach to him positively within 30 days from the date of publication of this notice in the Employment News. The application of candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladhak Division of J&K State, Lahul & Spiti Distt. and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba Distt. of HP and Andaman Nikobar Island and Lakshadweep, may reach within 45 days from the publication of notice.
Instructions for the candidates
- Age limit: 18-30 years for Technical posts, 18-27 for Admn. Posts (Steno. Gr. III and L.D.C.) and 18-25 for Skilled Support Staff. The crucial date for determining the age limit of candidates will be the date of publication of advertisement notice in the Employment News.
- Age relaxation: Upper age relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates. Upper age limit for I.C.A.R. employees will be allowed as per recruitment rules.
- As per the ICAR letter No. 19 (25)/2011-E. IV dated 12.12.2011 and 24.1.2012, all the Research Associates/Sr. Research Fellows who have been continuously engaged on contractual basis in time bound projects in different ICAR Institutes are eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit to the extent of their spell (subject to maximum of 16 years 3 months) they were actually engaged as RAs/SRFs in different projects under the umbrella of ICAR, subject to proof of their continuous engagement in the projects, for technical posts T-3 only.
- The post is Non-government under I.C.A.R but pensionable as per the New Pension Scheme introduced by Govt. of India w.e.f. 1.1.2004.
- The department will not be responsible for late or non-receipt of application due to postal delay/other reasons.
- The envelope containing application should be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ___________ at __________ (Sr. No.____ ).
- Separate application should be submitted for each post & each location.
- At present, the place of posting is as indicated in the advertisement. However, the person selected are liable to be transferred anywhere in India under CPRI/ICAR.
Last Date: June 15, 2015
Download the notification for complete details: