LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA
South Central Zonal Office, Hyderabad.
Engagement of Financial Service Executives(FSE)
Approximately 58 Financial Services Executives are proposed to be engaged by various Offices of the Corporation on Contract basis for 3 years under the jurisdiction of Zonal Office, Hyderabad as per details below:
Name of Divisional Office
|Likely number of Posts||Total|
It is primarily a Marketing job. The FSE’s shall be directly responsible for Procuring New Business, Providing Policy Servicing and related jobs from the bank branches / other outlets allotted to them. They shall also carry out any other instructions given to them from time to time. For this purpose considerable movements including tours covering entire area allotted to them are involved.
1. Eligibility Conditions:
Applicant shall possess the Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute. Preference may be given to those applicants who possess the Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Marketing /Management. Good working knowledge of English and also one Regional language preferably local language is desirable. Knowledge of soft skills such as Power Point / Word / Excel would be additional advantage.
(i) The applicant shall have completed 21 years of age and not more than 35 years of age as on 1st January, 2013.
(ii) The upper age limit as on 01.01.2013 of an applicant belonging to a group given below shall not
|Sr. No.||Category||Age limit in years|
|(1)||Member of a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe||40|
|(2)||Member of OBCs (other than those in creamy layer).||38|
|(3)||Ex-serviceman||35, increased by the number of years of service in the armed forces subject to maximum age of 45 years where he is a member of OBCs and 47 years where he is a member of SC or ST and Maximum of 42 years in Other than SC,ST,OBC Cases|
2. SELECTION PROCEDURE
Selection will be made on the basis of a written test if necessary, followed by an Interview of candidates who qualify in the written test. Written Test will be of Objective Type covering Test of Reasoning, Numerical Ability and General Knowledge. The date and venue of the written test, if to be conducted, will be communicated to the eligible candidates individually.
- The selected candidates may be allotted anywhere during the period of engagement based on business requirements.
- The selected candidate will have to undergo Theoretical Training, pass an examination conducted by the IRDA and obtain a license to procure Life Insurance Business. After procuring the license, if the candidate is found suitable for selection in accordance with the scheme, may be engaged as a Financial Services Executive on Contract basis subject to conditions framed by the Corporation.
- A Financial Services Executive will be paid a fixed amount every month and incentives based on the yearly performance.
- It is clarified that selection as a Financial Services Executive does not confer any right on the candidate to be appointed as a Permanent employee in the Corporation.
- Interview: Candidates successful in the written test (if conducted) or eligible candidates will be called for an Interview. The Corporation reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test and/or interview commensurate with number of Financial Service Executives to be engaged and the decision of the Corporation in this regard shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Selected candidates will be engaged as Financial Services Executives subject to their being found medically fit by the Medical Examiner authorized by the LIC for the purpose.
- The choice of the examination center will be taken as the Head Quarters of the Divisional Office to which the candidate has applied.
- No change in the choice of examination centre will be entertained under any circumstances. The Corporation reserves the right to add or delete any Centre or alter examination date at its discretion.
3. HOW TO APPLY
Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on 1st January, 2013 , shall submit their Application in the format given below which shall be either hand-written in bold capitals or typewritten on foolscap size paper only. The Application should be properly signed. The following shall accompany the Application:
- Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn in favour of LIC of India payable at Head quarters of Divisional Office which the candidate chooses, towards application fees.
- Attested Photocopy of Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Attested Photocopy of Qualification Certificate and Age Proof.
- Attested Photocopy of Discharge Certificate in respect of Ex-servicemen.
The candidates are advised to keep ready with them the originals and a set of attested photocopies of each of the certificates listed at item numbers 2,3 & 4 above for verification at the time of Interview if they qualify in the written test.
4. Application Fee (Non-Refundable):
For all candidates (other than SC/ST category): Rs100/-The Application Fee shall be paid by Demand Draft only (valid for six months), favouring “Life Insurance Corporation of India” and payable at Head Quarters of the Divisional Office which the candidate chooses. Candidate’s name and date of birth should be written on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
Last date for receipt of Application Form together with Demand Draft towards application fees will be 2nd February, 2013. Application Form completed in all respects with enclosures should be posted in a closed
cover with a superscription on the cover “Engagement of Financial Services Executives, Division” to the following address:
The Senior Divisional Manager
LIC of India
(as per the address of the LIC divisional Office to which applied-see annexure 1-A)
5. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
(a) Candidates should ascertain, before applying, that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions as stipulated in the notification. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility conditions are liable to be disqualified at any stage of selection.
(b) Corporation takes no responsibility for any delay in receiving the Application Form or loss in postal transit.
(c) Application Form not in the prescribed Format or incomplete/unsigned or received without the Demand Draft for application fee wherever applicable or Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC applicants, shall not be considered and are liable to be rejected.
(d) Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be held in reserve for future recruitment. The eligible candidates will be intimated separately about the exact date & venue of the examination.
(e) Decision of the Corporation in all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of examination, other tests, Interview, selection and allotment would be final and binding on all candidates. No representation or correspondence will be entertained by the Corporation in this regard.
(f) In case more than one application is received from an applicant for the same Division and/or different Divisions and/or different Zones then, the first application received from the applicant as per entry made in the register maintained by the corporation shall be treated as his only application and all the other applications shall be treated as invalid. In case of any doubt or dispute, the decision of the Zonal Manager shall be final and binding on the applicant.
(g) Agents with inforce licence are not eligible for engagement as FSE.
(h) Spouse of Agent/Employee of Corporation are not eligible for engagement as FSE.
(i) CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION.
Download the complete notification along with application in PDF form HERE: