MAZAGON DOCK SHIPBUILDERS LIMITED
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Dockyard Road, Mumbai – 400 010
Contact No. : 022-23764123/ 4140/4125/4177
RECRUITMENT OF RIGGERS & ELECTRICIAN ON FIX TERM CONTRACT BASIS FOR A MAXIMUM PERIOD OF 02 YRS
Advertisement Ref. No.: MDL/HR-REC-NE/89/2019
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is India’s leading Shipbuilding Company with ISO 9001:2015 accreditation. It is a profit-making Central Government Schedule ‘A’ PSU under the Ministry of Defence, Department of Defence Production, engaged primarily in the building of Warships and Submarines for the Indian Navy. MDL has a consistent growth, both in physical as well as financial parameters and has an ambitious growth plan. The present turnover is approximately ‘4,400 Cr. which is projected to be higher in the coming years. MDL has employee strength of around 9,000.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the following: Eligible & interested candidates are required to apply online (Online Application opens from 05 Jul ‘19 and closes on 26 Jul ‘19):
|Sr. No||Trades||Current Vacancies||Backlog Vacancies|
Note: No. of vacancies are indicative and may increase / decrease depending on the organizational requirement. Upper age limit is mentioned for candidates belonging to “General Category.” Age Relaxation is applicable to ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen candidates as per Govt. Guidelines (Refer clause 5 of the advertisement regarding age relaxation.). Above Posts include 11 vacancies reserved for PWD candidates for the post of Electrician.
|Sr. No.||Trade||Essential Qualifications & Experience|
|1||Rigger*||Passed VIII std and the National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in the trade of “Rigger”.|
|2||Electrician**||Passed SSC or equivalent examination conducted by a Board recognized by the Government and the National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in the trade of “Electrician”.|
* The candidates who have worked as Rigger in MDL/Shipbuilding industry for minimum one year having passed NAC in different trades may apply directly for the post of “Rigger”. However, experience certificate should be certified by their Personnel Dept.
Desired Experience: Work experience in the relevant trade/function in a Shipbuilding industry for minimum one year duly certified by their Personnel Department is desirable. The candidates having such experience will be given upto 20 marks based on relevant experience in Ship Building Industry.
Emoluments: The candidate selected for the posts shall be placed in the following pay scale.
|Grade||Pay Scale (Rs.)|
|Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5)||17000- 64360|
|Semi-Skilled Gr-I (IDA-2)||13200-49910|
Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 38 years and minimum age limit not less than 18 years as on 01 Jul ‘19.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is 3 years for OBC (NCL) and 5 years for SC/ST candidates as per rules.
- Relaxation in upper age limit for persons with disability (40% and above) 10 years for General candidates, 13 years for OBC candidates and 15 years for SC / ST candidates as per Govt. Rules.
- Ex-Employees who have worked in MDL on Fix Term contract basis shall get age relaxation of 5 years over and above the other relaxations at 4(i) to 4(ii).
- Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than 6 months’ continuous service in the Armed forces of the Union will be given relaxation in age to the extent of period of service plus 3 years.
Period of Contract: The contract for all the above categories will be for maximum period of two years.
How to Apply:
- Log on to MDL website https://mazagondock.in
- Go to Careers >> Online Recruitment >> Non-Executive
- Click on Non- Executive Tab
- Register by filling up relevant details & click on “Submit” button.
- Click on the validation link sent on email.
- Login to MDL Online Portal with “Username” & “Password”
- Select the job under Non-Executive Tab & view the “Eligibility Criteria”
- While applying, candidate should have the scanned copy of recent passport size colour photograph, their signature & other relevant Certificates in JPEG format.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill up all the details in the Online Application Form.
Application Fee: Candidate belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay the application fees of Rs.100/-. Applicants belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD (Persons With Disability) are exempted from such payment of processing fee.
Download the Notification for complete details: