JOIN ARMY DENTAL CORPS AS
SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED (SSC) OFFICER
FOR A PROMISING AND CHALLENGING CAREER
1. Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps (AD Corps).
2. Total number of vacancies: 37
(a) Candidates must be BDS/MDS (with minimum 55% marks in final year BDS) from a College/University recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI).
(b) Should have completed one year rotatory Internship recognized by DCI by31 Aug 2013.
(c) Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate valid at least upto 31 Dec 2013.
(d) Should be less than 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2013.
(e) Should be medically fit in all respects for service in the Armed Forces.
4. SELECTION PROCEDURE
(a) Short-listing for interview: Candidates found eligible will be short-listed based on their Final year BDS marks and attempts taken in Final year BDS. Short-listed candidates will be called
(b) Medical Examination: Candidates provisionally placed on merit list after interview by Selection Board will be brought before a Medical Board for ascertaining their Medical Fitness. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
5. EMOLUMENTS: The candidates on commissioning in AD Corps will be granted rank of Capt in the pay scale PB-3 (15600-39100). They will be entitled Grade Pay of Rs 6100/- & Military Service Pay (MSP) of Rs 6000/-. Nonpracticing allowance (NPA) at the rate of 25% of the Basic pay+Grade Pay + MSP and DA as admissible. In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. MDS degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of Rs.1250/- p.m. or ‘specialist pay’ after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave & 20 days casual leave, LTC, free Medical facilities for self and family including dependent parents, Group Insurance & unit canteen facility etc. as per the existing rules.
6. TENURE: The SSC tenure is of 5 years extendable by another 9 years in two spells; first of 5 years and second of 4 years (total SSC tenure 14 years) for those who are willing to continue subject to laid down eligibility criteria under the provisions of Army Instructions 15/79 as amended. On completion of 2 years service as SSC officer, they are eligible to apply for limited number of vacanies available for Departmental Permanent Commission (DPC) provided they had not attained the age of 30 years for BDS candidates and 35 years for MDS candidates on 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC under the provision of Army Instructions 37/78 as amended.
7. PROMOTIONS: SSC officers are eligible for time scale promotion up to the rank of Lt Col. Permanent Commissioned (PC) officers are eligible for time scale promotion up to the rank of Lt Col, thereafter up to the rank of Lt Gen by selection. Candidates who hold three years MDS Degree will be eligible for three years antedate seniority. They will be promoted to the rank of Substantive Major on completion of 1½ years service, whereas, candidates with BDS Degree will be promoted after 4 ½ years.
8. ENTITLEMENT: Candidates are entitled “To and fro” second class railway fare by Mail/Express train or actual cost of bus fare if the mode of travel is by bus, and, DA at prescribed rates for the days of halt at Delhi. Candidates appearing for the second or subsequent time are not eligible for the above entitlement.
9. WHOM TO APPLY: Interested candidates should apply on a separate plain paper giving particulars in the application form as per attached specimen format, to the following address: –
Director General Armed Forces Medical Services
Room No. 25, ‘L’ Block
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi – 110001
10. The completed applications along with all the necessary enclosures should reach latest by 31 Aug 2013.
11. Candidates who have applied earlier will also have to apply afresh if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
12. This Directorate General reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
13. The application form can also be downloaded from website www.indianarmy.nic.in.
Download the original notification along with application form in PDF form HERE: